Southern California active duty and veteran resources.
Learn about the state and federal benefits you are entitled to receive and how to claim them. Those benefits could compensate you for a service-connected disability, allow you to begin or resume your college education, care for your health, train for or find employment, buy a home, live out your years with dignity and respect, and much more!
VVSD has served all veterans since 1981 and is dedicated to “leave no one behind.” VVSD is the only program of its kind in the United States and is nationally recognized as the leader in serving homeless military veterans. Each year VVSD provides services to more than 2,000 military veterans. VVSD assists homeless veterans who have substance abuse and/or mental health issues, including men and women who have recently returned from Iraq and Afghanistan. At the heart of VVSD’s programs are five pillars of success: prevention, intervention, rehabilitation, after care and employment services. Through community support, veterans have a safe place to live, compassionate care for post-traumatic stress, traumatic brain injury, and focused case-management in overcoming addiction, and practical assistance in securing life sustaining employment.
US Department of Veterans Affairs in Southern California
- San Diego County
- Regional Benefits Office
- VA Medical Center
- VA Medical Outpatient Centers
- Mission Gorge Annex
- Rio Clinic
- VA Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
- Domiciliary Living Center
- The Aspire Center is a 40-bed residential treatment facility aimed at promoting recovery in veterans, particularly those who returned from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Center will provide temporary housing for veterans who do not need inpatient care, but would benefit from rehabilitation services for an average of 60-120 days. Although the center will include elements of mental health and substance abuse treatment for those veterans who need them, the facility will NOT be an inpatient psychiatric facility or mental health hospital, drug rehab program, homeless shelter, or long-term stay facility.
- Veterans Center
- Riverside County
- Los Angeles County
- VA Medical Centers
- Outpatient Clinic
- Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
- San Bernardino County
- Redlands VA Clinic